Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Make a Habit of Having No Habits

Habits. I'm really bad at breaking bad ones -- eating when I'm bored or depressed, picking at the dead skin on my heels -- and even worse at forming good ones -- Bible reading and memorization, prayer, exercise . . . so I don't think I'm really in a position to criticize anyone for mistaking a love of her habit for a love of God. Still, I do love Oswald's picture of a relationship where the habits are no longer visible -- where the Bible reading, the prayer, the memorization are all part of a genuine desire to be with him, to know him, to share my life with him. I want that.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for another blog! It's okay if you skip a few days...don't worry about making it up. But I'm here and I like your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies, it does help to know someone is out there -- paying attention, reading, connecting on occasion. I'm grateful for your faithful support.

    ReplyDelete