Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Careful Unreasonableness

This may be my favorite Oswald.

Forget about me. Forget about what I said or didn't say, what I did or didn't do. Forget about trying to get it right. Forget about my sin and my talents. Forget about them both equally. Who cares? Forget about who likes me and who doesn't. Forget about what I wrote or might write. Forget about how closely I'm walking the line or how much I'm missing it by. Forget about all the measurements of my success or failure.

Focus on God. What he said. What he did. His nature. His attributes. His mind.

Be like the lilies of the field who neither toil nor strive. Be. Just be. And in my being, I will enjoy him.

Forget about me. Focus on God. And let him take care of the rest.

Can it really be that simple?

Maybe so. Maybe so.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

  1. WOW! So simple, but not so easy to do. It is hard for me to stay focused on God because my ego is always telling me I must DO in order to be worthy. Stupid ego always gets in the way of life.

    ReplyDelete