Sunday, August 1, 2010

Something More About His Ways

It's not exactly that God has commanded me to leave my children, but more that he has begun a process of separation where I am not meant to be all that I once was to them. Sometimes that scares me, and I do start to debate all the things I've left undone, all the words I haven't spoken, all the holes in my past example. They didn't learn money management from me or how to pick up after themselves or even the rudiments of self-discipline. We were pretty family-centric. What if they have no sense of mission or caring for the less fortunate? And we never quite finished that overview of Scripture. They may not fully understand what it means to be reformed.

Be that as it may, the time has come to begin letting go. To trust God to step into all the cracks and gaps and questions and to be to them more than I ever could be.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment