Monday, August 30, 2010

Am I Convinced by Christ?

In my own words: My usefulness is not the measure of my worth. When I am in right relationship with God -- that is, when I understand at my core that he loves me and I, in turn, love him with all that I am -- then I will fulfill God's purpose for me. I may not hear from anyone. I may not think I've done anything out of the ordinary. I may not write anything that makes an obvious impact. In fact, it may appear that I am a nobody who has done nothing of any lasting value or it may appear that I have created conflict and havoc in one situation after another. It doesn't matter. My usefulness is not the measure of my worth. All that matters is that I keep in right relationship with God. Any work he wants to do through me, he will do, and I might not ever know it because . . . my usefulness is not the measure of my worth. Believe me, the only way that idea is going to get through my thick head is if I repeat it over and over and over. My usefulness is not the measure of my worth. My usefulness is not the measure of my worth.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments: