Monday, June 14, 2010

Get a Move on

I'm going to disagree with Oswald here. It may be a matter of semantics -- but important semantics -- at least in terms of my own journey.

Oswald: "God will not make me think like Jesus, I have to do it myself."

Barb: Because I am one of his children and he has made me a new creature, God will bring my thinking into line with his Son's.

I can fight him every step of the way. I can slo-o-o-ow the process wa-a-a-ay down. I can try to bury my head in the sand or compartmentalize my life to keep him out of certain aspects, but I believe he will continue to pursue me. He has given me a new, everlasting heart that beats life to my fingertips, my toes, and every corner of my mind. He will not allow death and decay to have its way in my life forever.

It's not brainwashing. It's not a re-circuiting of my thoughts against my will. It's a flower in the garden that speaks: "This God whom you distrust to manage your life is the Originator of all things beautiful." It's a line from literature or a movie that shocks me out of my dazed enchantment with success and financial security. It's a night out with girlfriends in which I remember that I was created for relationship. It's a trip down the river in an inner tube -- a moment when all my troubles disappear. It's a word or a whisper: Come.

I will wander, but he will call me back.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment: