Saturday, January 9, 2010

Intercessory Introspection

I love today's passage: "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it," I Thess. 5:23-24.

Here it is from The Message: "May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together -- spirit, soul, and body -- and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it!

I thought Oswald's entry for today was poetic. Plus, he referenced my favorite Psalm -- 139. So I thought I'd try a little poetry of my own.

I am a Picasso. My head sits
smack in the middle of my chest. Displaced,
my heart whispers unintelligibly
somewhere
in the midst of the broken geometry.
One eye triples the size
of the other what with straining
to see
clearly.
I am a Picasso.
A mystery to myself.

I want to be a Van Gogh.
Brilliant gold sunflowers and
black blue skies
reverberating starry starry at
an inviting outdoor cafe.
Come,
lunch with me in one
beyond-natural celebration of all
that is true and beautiful.
I want to be a Van Gogh.

He is the painter, and I am no mystery to him. As Oswald said, he is "the god of the early mornings, the God of the late at nights, the God of the mountain peaks, and the God of the sea." And he is the God of me.

Barbara

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment: