Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After Obedience -- What?

I think it is providential -- not coincidental -- that Oswald's message on July 28 reads like a letter from God directly to me. I'm not sure that I can add anything of value to his words. They are clear, direct and powerful: "God's end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now."

Today is my 50th birthday. Beginning this year -- beginning this blog -- I had such plans. Such magnificent plans of getting my life together and presenting myself as a meticulously wrapped package of wisdom, devotion and discipline to God. I have no such package to bring. I have a box -- well used and well loved, crushed at the corners, torn at the seams, contents spilling out in all directions. The contents themselves are a motley assortment of memories, fears, dreams,valued treasures and pain.

Here I am, God. Here I am.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. Barb, I like the well loved box with the dented corners. I'm not sure I'd like the perfectly wraped package as well . Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the stuff spilling out, comes the amazing glimpses of the real you. I love the real you. I love the well used box--just like I love a well lived-in house, a welcoming home and a "new rump-sprung" chair. Let it spill out. The most important thing about you, is that you are you...

    ReplyDelete