Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Sacrament of Sacrifice

I confess that I'm writing this blog out of order. I wrote the blog for September 4 before this one. Hence, it might seem like the light bulb of understanding is brightening in reverse order.

"Our Lord's teaching is always anti-self-realization . . . It is not that God makes us beautifully rounded grapes, but that He squeezes the sweetness out of us. Spiritually, we cannot measure our life by success, but only by what God pours through us, and we cannot measure that at all . . . It is time now to break the life, to cease craving for satisfaction, and to spill the thing out" -- Oswald.

Anti-self-realization. Cease craving for satisfaction. An immeasurable life. Breaking. Squeezing.

God isn't asking me to be the perfect specimen. Just the opposite. He's asking me to quit trying. Offer up the perfect specimen as a sacrifice. Let it be broken and spilled.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment