Monday, September 6, 2010

The Far-Reaching Rivers of Life

What amazing comfort I find in these words this morning. Focus on the Source. Forget the obstacles. Wow! How terribly simple and how amazingly sweet. Because, you see, I just can't figure out the obstacles. I stare and stare at my depression, my finances, my apparent inability to experience God's joy and peace. My stuck-ness. And I cannot fix any of it. The obstacles, and my meditation on them, produce in me a nearly irresistible desire to retreat.

Focus on the Source. Look at God. The Father, the Son, the Spirit. See the wisdom. The bounty of his goodness flowing over. Trust him with me. Trust him that his waters will flow around or over or through the obstacles.

Words for me to live by today: Eyes off the obstacles. Eyes on God.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment: